Pangea illuminates the human condition, celebrates cultural differences, and promotes human rights
by creating and presenting international, multi-disciplinary theater.
We make intercultural, sacred theater that stands for intersectionality and justice.
Pangea World Theater builds bridges across multiple cultures and creates sacred and intersectional spaces. We create authentic spaces for real conversations across race, class and gender. Through a nuanced exploration of privilege, our own and others, we craft ensemble-based processes with a global perspective. Through art, theater and creative organizing we strive for a just world where people treat each other with honor and respect. We believe that artists are seers giving voice and language to the world we envision.
Since our inception in 1995, Pangea World Theater has worked with artists from many communities locally, nationally and internationally to create new aesthetic realities for an increasingly diverse audience.
We invite you to join our circle.
Pangea World Theater gratefully acknowledges that we are on the sacred traditional lands of the Dakota people. It is an honor to live, work and create art and community alongside Dakota, Ojibwe and other indigenous people in the Twin Cities.
The following values and agreements have emerged over years of artistic, community-based work by Pangea World Theater through our Lake Street Arts! program. They are meant to guide our complex and adaptive systems, decolonize our worlds, and allow us to develop creative, relevant work together. We invite All of Our Relations, co-conspirators, and allies to join us.
1. We strive for artistic and creative excellence in our articulation of craft, life, and work.
2. We engage multiple aesthetics and mediums. Multiplicity is a source of power and process. We work with awareness of space: energetic, physical, and political. We do this with consciousness of Water, of Earth.
3. We honor the Circle. We aim to be authentic, responsible, and professional. We strive to be clear, flexible, culturally bold and accessible. We are flexible with emergent rules. Our plans come from, and feed conscious and pervasive evaluation.
4. Our practices in community engagement include engaging the whole body, mind, and spirit. We value personal interaction over technology.
5. We value collective wisdom through popular education and ensemble practice. We center Story within a global and multicultural context.
6. We commit to transformation at the individual and community level. The Arts are a most accessible community engagement strategy towards authentic, urban development.
7. Community Organizing involves capacity building. We value leadership in participating Immigrant, Indigenous, and People of Color communities. We function on shared power principles. In regards to working with collaborators, we are committed to naming and battling oppressions, and creating equitable partnerships.